Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hi all! It's been fun to be with Shuli this week! Look forward to more fashion reports from the UK in the coming weeks.
*
I have to tell you how excited I am about this weekend! But before that, may I tell you how truly terrific the women's ministry team is at Young Memorial Baptist in Concord, NC?
*
Wow!
*
Last friday night, I was invited to speak at their outreach event called
"Real Beauty Makeover".
*
We had so much fun, a fab fashion show, and the girls just know how to put on a party!
*
Thank you, YMBC, you rock!
*
Okay, now for this coming weekend: I've been invited to fly out to Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, CO to spend the weekend with Susie Shellenberger and the gals at
Brio Magazine!
*
Brio is a magazine for Christian teen girls and they have a yearly contest for girls to enter so they can be a featured writer for the magazine for the year and to represent Christ to other teen girls! They have a winner and three runners-up and this weekend they are flying the 4 finalists, a photographer and ME to spend the weekend getting the girls ready for a photo shoot on Saturday to be featured in an upcoming issue!
*
Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked! I get to meet Susie and her staff and who knows, maybe I'll run into Dr. Dobson in the hallway!!!! hehehe!
*
I love my life!
*
But you know, it hasn't always been a bowl of cherries. I wonder where I'd be if I hadn't said YES to God?
*
What is He asking you to do right now in your life that you've been avoiding? Here's another thing to think about...how long has He been prompting you to do something but you've just been too busy, or fearful?
*
Trust me. It's a lot scarier NOT being obedient.
*
When you say YES to God, your life will change. You might be perfectly content in your life right now. Ahhh, how the enemy loves that.
*
Get uncomfortable. Say Yes...and see what happens.
*
Can't wait to tell you all about it!
*
Beautiful Blessings,
*
Shari

3 comments:

Judah said...

awesome! have a safe trip! It is so exciting thinking about the impact you will have on these young ladies!!

Alyce said...

have a wonderful and safe trip!

Anonymous said...

How right you are Shari, discomfort brings comfort! Noth'n like the safty of His loving arms. Glad to hear your weekend was a great success. Looking foreward to the same kind of fun with interior decorating. "Decorating with Your Interior Design" nothing like it.