Monday, August 11, 2008

One Fabulous Thing

Friday was wonderful. I had a peace about the event I don't remember having in a long time. We had such a great time and the models were just dolls! Natalie, the event coordinator promised pics as soon as she gets them so when I do, I'll post them.
*
Now for today.
*
It's time to start thinking about what to buy for fall. Can you believe it?
But as summer draws to an end and school begins, you'll also find yourself thinking about what you should wear for fall.
*
So what should that be?
*
My suggestion is this: If you are only going to buy one thing, make it one thing fabulous!
*
Think about this.
*
You might buy one fabulous over-sized bag.
*
Or one fabulous pair of shoes that make a statement.
*
Or get one fabulous hair cut and color.
*
Or one fabulous coat in a color that pops.
*
Or one fabulous big watch.
*
Or one fabulous pair of snakeskin boots.
*
Or one fabulous chunky knit sweater.
*
Or one fabulous necklace you love.
*
Or one fabulous belt you'll wear with everything.
*
Or one fabulous pair of dark jeans.
*
Or one fabulous blouse with a bow or ruffles.
*
Or one fabulous cocktail ring.
*
There. The fashion trends for the season.
*
Now go be fabulous...with just one thing.

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Good Morning friend..
I hope you are having a "fabulous" day!
Since we are not buying anything but necessities until we have some debt paid off, I can't buy any of those things. But tell me..what is NEW for this fall..something that is different from last year. Oh, I did get some new jeans..I needed some dark dark blue jeans..and guess what.. I found them at the thrift store! Calvin Cline, $7 bucks! can't beat that..

Kelly said...

Hi Shari,
Actually, I just bought a few fabulous things for fall at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I save up all year for it and use birthday money and gift cards from my birthday in June to use at the July sale. Since I work at a law firm, I need work clothes mainly, this year, I bought two fabulous skirt suits and a mulberry colored Hobo International handbag..it is a good 'pop' color and purple and berry seem to be big colors for fall.
I also bought a fabulous Northface black winter jacket with a hood. It is really warm and will come in handy in the winter for sure.
It will be awhile before I wear any of my new fall stuff as it is definitely a warm summer here.
Blessings,
Kelly