Looks Do Matter.
There I said it. Now hang with me here. If you are a Christian, then your faith plays a part in every aspect of your life. Or at least it should. Faith affects your personal life, your career choices, and your family relationships (whether you are married, single, or divorced). Faith affects your music and movie selections and where you hang out or what you do for fun.
Your faith even colors your clothing choices. Now don't start groaning on me. You have a responsibility as a Christian female to make sure that how you dress is a reflection of who you really are. I'm not suggesting you walk around wearing "I Love Jesus" T-shirts and wristbands, but you have to live knowing that what you put on in the morning says something about your character.
What you just read above comes from the first chapter in my new book,
Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad.
Because the book is releasing very, very soon...like shipping to stores NOW (yikes!), I want to offer you, my special blog readers an inside secret! If you go to this link it will take you to the Zondervan site and on the left hand side there is a little box that says HEAR SAMPLE. When you click on that box, you can listen to the first chapter of my book in its entirety! How cool is that? Trust me, after spending 2 days in Nashville in a sound booth recording the book, it's really cool to me to finally hear how it sounds! I hope you will be blessed by it.
When you order your copy of the book, I would sooooo very much appreciate you letting me know how you like it by leaving a comment for me, but I know that won't happen for a week or two cause you have to actually READ it (or listen if you get the audio) before you can tell me what your favorite part is! There is about 50 copies floating around out there right now, what with the review copies, a few I got and gave out and such, so if any of you have gotten a sneak peak, let us know what you think. My book launch is August 8th from 3-5 in Charlotte at Borders/Northlake Mall, so if you're near, PLEASE come!!!!! It's gonna be soo much fun!
Bring your whole family!
Now for some answers to some questions:
- Melinda wants to know: Where can a woman shop if she is both tall and overweight? Most places stop their tall sizes at 18, but some of us need more than that--it makes it very hard to find clothes that fit well.
A: Melinda, try Ralph Lauren Woman (sizes go to 26 and are great for tall gals), also, Ashley Stewart . Eddie Bauer's Talls go to size 20 and are a good one to try too.
- Q: What kind of shoes do you think look good with jeans?
- A: Ah, that's a tricky one! Because soooo many shoes work with jeans, the best thing is to choose a style that reflects YOUR style. Do you like pointy toed pumps? Ballet flats? Boots? Or cute tennis shoes? Girl, the skies the limit on this one!
- Melinda (not sure it's the same one as above!): you asked about ordering swatches...order what you think you are, then once your order is thru, you'll receive a confirmation email directing you to email me your picture. Once I confirm your analysis, the correct swatches will be sent your way!
- Elin asked: Using colors is there a way to make me look older? I'm a soft.
A: Do you want to look older? I'm not sure I understand your question but if you DON"T want to look older then DON'T wear black if you are a SOFT. And actually, black is harsh on a lot of women...as you age, go for more pops of color in your wardrobe. If you DO want to look older, Elin, I guess I want to ask you, WHY? Girl, look your young self and smile!
Q: I've brokenout...again. How do I prevent breakouts?
- A: With proper skincare. Also, try drinking lots of water, eating a good diet and make sure you take your makeup off at night. Wash well after a workout, too. There is a whole chapter on skincare and makeup in my new book...you'll love it!
Q: What is a DCC? I see all of ya'll talking about it and I can't figure out what is!
- A: A DCC is your Dominant Color Characteristic...yours is SOFT. So now you are officially part of the DCC club!
- Q: Anonymous got a confused color analysis...since I don't have your name, why don't you email me seperately and let me take a look at your pics....let's see what's going on with your hair and see how the test compares to what I see in your pics....will you email me at email@example.com Thanks!
- Q: Mariah said she thought she'd be good doing what I do, and might like to go thru my Image Consultant Speaker training course: DO IT! I'd love to train you!
Thank you all for being patient with me for not posting last week. Coming back from Guatamala had me in a tail spin and I decided you all wouldn't mind if I skipped a week. Oh by the way, MANY of your blog comments are shown throughout my book! I can't wait for you to see your names!!!!!!
See you next week when I'm going to give you a peek into the Body Chapter!
Love you all!!!!