Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What to Wear Wednesday: Luke

Happy Wednesday to you!

I'm taking a break from blogging for this week AND next week because I'm heading out to Spring Break with my family and I really need to rest from work.

I wanted to let you know that I won't be returning for 2 weeks....I'll be back on Wednesday, March 23rd.

This is my absolutely crazy time of year and so I'm building in some breaks for myself. However, what I will get caught up on over the next few weeks is sending out some prizes (long over due...so sorry) and some playing with my family.

Before I go, though, I would LOVE it if you would PRAY for my son LUKE as he is traveling with me to Wisconsin today to speak with me at a TEEN Conference at Faith Christian School and their surrounding communities youth groups (all girls and their moms, too.) I'll be speaking on modesty, how to dress, inner beauty, too and also presenting a fashion show, then Luke will take the stage. Hey, if you're nearby, come on!

Luke is 16 years old and has a beautiful heart for Jesus.
He's very sold out to Christ and his talk tonight is on how to be an
influence for Christ in your schools.

I'm so humbled that the Lord would use him like this....and this mama will have her stomach in knots while he takes the stage. Here's a picture of him all painted up for some crazy thing they did in Guatamala last year on the Susie Magazine Teen Mission trip. This way you'll know who you're praying for:
LUKE

And here's a picture of us and I'm looking really bad but I don't care cause he looks so adorable lovin' on his mama!

We'll be flying home on Thursday and packing up, to head to Florida for Spring Break on Friday with my husband, Luke and a friend of his.....very happy to have a rest.

But I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. Really.
In fact, I feel kinda bad taking 2 weeks off but I know that you love me anyway!

So hugs to you all, kisses if I could see you, and love all the way around!

Love you girls!!!!

Shari

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Sweet pics brought tears to my eyes!
Makes me miss my "boys" so much!!

I am glad to hear all is well!
Enjoy your much deserved break!!!

Love Ya!
Diana C.

Elizabeth said...

Please don't apologize for taking time off! You deserve a break. Have a great time! :)

Jason and Brenda said...

It is a wise thing to put your family and sanity first! :) We can wait! Have a blessed and refreshing vacation. Your son looks like a lot of fun to have around. I love that second picture. It looks like you guys have an awesome relationship. That's so cool! You're blessed! Thanks for blessing us all these past weeks.
Brenda B

Michelle Angelique said...

It is so important to have time with your family, Shari. You will be missed here, but do not feel guilty, you all need this time together. I have been praying for you and Luke since I received your FB update. Have a wonderful time and remember Jesus is in control. Love you girl! Hugs!!!

Deb said...

Shari,
Have a great vacation. You and your family deserve it. I will pray for you and Luke that you will touch the hearts of the women and teen girls that you will be talking to.

~Brenda said...

Shari, no need to apologize; family and rest come first. You and Luke are in my prayers; I love the picture of the two of you! BTW, I watched the video I’m just sayin with Dan Willis, you looked awesome and I enjoyed the interview.

Mariah said...

You deserve a break!!! Have fun, Shari!!! We all understand and LOVE ya too!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy you're vacation! Have fun!

Daphne said...

So glad to hear that you are taking some much deserved time off!! Have a great time! Much love and many prayers go with you all! Give Luke a hug and remember to breathe ;-) You'll both be GREAT!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break. You deserve one.

Looking forward to your return...just saying.....


Tasha
momofsbandeg@yahoo.com

Ruth in NZ said...

Praying for you and Luke. Have a wonderful time and come back feeling really refreshed!

Stephanie Kay said...

What a cutie!!! Being a boy-mom is just plain awesome (and I'm one 3xs over!). Rest, relax and refresh yourself in FL. I'll look forward to your return.