Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 17 Holiday Challenge



Day 17 Holiday Challenge

With only 2 weeks until Christmas, I want to focus on your heart today.

 Though today’s task doesn’t take a lot of effort, it may take some strength. Basically, I want you to find a half sheet of colored paper, an index card or if you’re fancy on the computer, then print it from there. 

Remind yourself that you are Okay, as you are. Whether thin or fluffy (we don’t call it fat around here!), tall or short, blonde, red head, silver, black hair or brunette,

 God thinks you are beautiful.

You see, the way we see ourselves is an issue of the heart.

It starts there. 

I understand if you’re mad at yourself for eating a bit much so you’ve put on weight…that’s something you can work out separately from this.

What I want to remind you of is that God gave you the body you’re in…and it is good and sometimes a little reminder is a wonderful thing.

So today’s challenge is to make a little sign to remind yourself of his goodness, his beauty (YOU) and tape it to your bathroom mirror. 

The scripture I want you to use is Psalm 45:11…and I especially love the second part of this verse…Honor Him for his is your Lord. 



We honor him when we don’t berate ourselves about how we look. 

Remember, words are powerful…be kind to yourself.
I’d love to post your cards on my pinterest site so once you’re done, let me know and I’ll post it there. 

Love you fabulous friends,

Shari


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I just found your blog. As a missionary in Congo, I can't do all of the ideas I see on your blog and could probably really use a beauty boot camp. This is a wonderful idea. I lead a high school girls Bible study and I am going to do this activity with them so they will have a daily reminder of this scripture! Thanks!

Nancy said...

I just found your blog. As a missionary in Congo, I can't do all of the ideas I see on your blog and could probably really use a beauty boot camp. This is a wonderful idea. I lead a high school girls Bible study and I am going to do this activity with them so they will have a daily reminder of this scripture! Thanks!

Shari Braendel said...

Welcome, Nancy! So glad you found us....happy to have you join us here. You might also like the Fashion Meets Faith facebook page...we have lots of fun over there too! love, Shari