* How did you hear about Christian Fashion Week?
I heard about Christian Fashion Week from a friend on Facebook.
* Where do you live and why did you decide to travel to Tampa?
I live in Central California! I decided to travel to Tampa out of both curiosity and a desire to be a part of an important movement from its inception forward!
* What did you think about the experience of Christian Fashion Week? Be honest, funny, poetic or all of the above. Fashions, people you met, faith you shared, etc!
I wasn’t sure what to expect at the first-ever Christian Fashion Week. I’ve been to fashion events before – what would set this one apart? I was most curious about the fashions. How would the CFW founders and promoters define “Christian Fashion”? That said, I really enjoyed myself! The founders did an excellent job putting on a high-quality production; the fashions surpassed my expectations; and the faith elements surprised me in a positive way. I was also blessed to meet many lovely, godly people!
(Visit here for my full review of Christian Fashion Week.)
* What did you wear?
To the VIP Reception I wore a yellow top, a black and white sequined pencil skirt (The Limited) and purple pumps by Jimmy Choo. To the runway show I wore an Elie Tahari dress with Christian Louboutin pumps. Both outfits were from my own closet!
Me (right) with designer Julia Chew)
Me (right) with fellow blogger Joelle Janigian
* Do you have advice for the FashionMeetsFaith readers who need to be fashionably dressed this season, whether it is for a wedding, a party, or a ladies event at church?
First, know that you are worthy in God’s eyes and are made in His image. He loves you exactly the way you are! Second, decide who YOU want to be, and dress to reflect that. I consider myself to be elegant, classy, and modest, and I dress the same way. Set high standards for yourself, and expect others to respect you. True style doesn’t cost a lot – it just takes a little imagination and creativity. Stick to the classics (LBDs (little black dresses), blazers, etc.) and use accessories to dress them up or down for different events.
* Did anything about this weekend help you step out of your comfort zone and what challenge would you give to our readers?
I’m not generally someone who follows trends – I know what works for me and prefer to stick to it! CFW showcased a variety of designs that I could probably adapt to my personal style. It couldn’t hurt to try something new once in a while, whether it’s a bold color, an animal print, or a new texture.
Fashion & Beauty Editor of Fresno Life Magazine
I am a wife, mother, writer, reader, traveler, and lover of fashion, chocolate, and good grammar. Most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!