Monday, August 27, 2007

Looking back on the Miami Event

Wow! What an amazing trip to Miami and the Ft. Lauderdale area! I was greeted at the airport by Running for the Gold's Gabie and was treated like royalty for the 24 hours I was with her and her wonderful team of servant hearted women. I LOVE you guys! The event was the most beautifully decorated place I have ever spoken at! I am not kidding. It looked like an amazing wedding and I wasn't even the bride....but aren't we all Christ's brides? Wow, never thought of it like that before. It was a sold out event with 150 women, and not one chair available left to sit on! You girls really out-did yourselves with this event. The food was delicious, the worship music was awesome (thank you, Connie!) and the women attending were so tender and willing to hear about fashion and God...what a combination, huh? God is so good! One of my special delights of the evening was that Luke's half sister, Elizabeth whom he has never met was able to attend with her mom and grandma...it was truly a blessed evening, especially for me. We ended the evening with a sleep-over at Cindy's beach condo where she (Cindy), Nicole, Gabie and me sat up talking until 2:30am! The next morning, Gabie made me breakfast, Cindy made me coffee and they called Dave and told him to please send me with a list of instructions the next time I go there! Maybe he could just pin it to my clothing! They asked me how I took my coffee and I told them I didn't know...Dave always makes it for me!
Then we sat and talked and decided to do an event again...sooner than later....on November 3rd of this year! They have offered to fly Luke, Dave, and me down to Ft. Lauderdale and put us up in a beachfront condo, and also get tickets for Dave and Luke to attend the University of Miami football game when they play North Carolina State! (For those of you who don't know, Luke's FAVORITE team in the whole world is the University of Miami and this is their last season EVER to play in the Orange Bowl as they are moving to Dolphin Stadium after this season, so this is REALLY a history making season for them...and for Luke,now!) When I told Dave, he about freaked out...but when we told Luke, he about jumped out of his seat....we were in a restaurant and I numbered 9 envelopes and put hints inside each one until they spelled it all out by the 9th envelope.....he was soooooo excited he didn't know what to do. He couldn't wait to get home and call his friends and tell them. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ft. Lauderdale girls....I LOVE you! See you in November! Check out their site www.running4thegold.com and see some pictures of the event. Love you, Shari www.ShariBraendel.com

No comments: