Monday, November 26, 2007

It Finally Happened!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I am finally caught up on my sleep from cruising...it honestly took me all week to do so. I didn't realize how exhausted I was but whew! We had a small get together for the big dinner on turkey day with two of our daughters, Jessie and Carly, along with Luke and Dave and me. It was small, but I am so glad. Dave did all the cooking (as usual) and the girls and I cleaned up. I was going to bake brownies but never got around to it. I absolutely LOVE the food on Thanksgiving. So much so, that I ate leftovers, literally, for lunch and dinner on Friday AND Saturday. I was so full last night I think my stomach was going to blow up.

Well, it finally happened. My son asked me on Wednesday to take him to the mall along with some of his friends...girls and guys. I knew there would come a day when he would want to do that, and it finally happened. For those of you who have girls you have no idea what I'm talking about because they always want to go to the mall....well, let me tell you, BOYS DON'T. But, I knew that one day, he was gonna want to go hang out there and it finally happened. I was almost giddy with excitement myself! He ended up going with 2 girls, Sara and Elise, and another friend, Ben. I did some of my own shopping while they went into the mall. They ended up "building a bear" at Build-a-Bear for the girls and went to Starbucks. My little boy is growing up....ahhh, too fast. He will be 13 next week. It was sweet to see him opening the door for the girls (thanks to the training we've done with him since he was old enough to walk) and it was fun to know he was having fun, even if it was at the mall!

I am catching up in my office today returning lots of e-mails...I can't believe it's almost noon and I still haven't showered...yikes! I promise an update regarding the cruise very soon. There's just so much to say about it! blessings to you all today, Shari www.ShariBraendel.com

No comments: