Monday, November 17, 2008

Prayer is a Beautiful Thing!

I have the most beautiful prayer partners a girl could ever ask for.

Their names are Lucy, Maria, Heather and Patti. These are the women who I go to and lay my burdens. They pray for me when I don't even ask them to and they pray harder when I do. Last week I asked them for prayer for my event coming up this week in Iowa, specifically prayer for the event coordinator, Bev.

*

Lucy and Maria both wrote out long prayers that we passed around to each other and today I want to share one of them with you. This prayer was written by Maria (who, by the way, I've never met in person, lives in Hawaii and we have become amazing sisters in Christ.)

*

As I read this prayer, God spoke to my heart and told me that there may be many of you who need to hear this, so today, this is for you, my friends, from Maria.
I have changed the names below to reflect "her" and that would mean "you" my friends, as you read this.

*

Maria's Prayer

Aloha ,First of all,Let's Praise God!
For we know that all things work out for the good for those who love God and are called according to His purposes! I am learning and have been learning that God has always had a plan, and His plan is always the best plan, so for us, ... it is to take to the floor on our knees and praise Him for His plan, to volunteer to do our part... and then to wait for His instructions according to His plan of action, not mine/ours.We have been studying even in home school this very concept. The first lesson was on Joseph... who I was reminded... was thrown first into a hole, then into slavery, and then into jail...But!!!It was all part of God's plan!
Even Joseph said, "What you meant for evil, God meant for good."God had the provision preplanned!As He did with the flood, there was the Ark.As He did with starvation, there was manna.As He did with Isaac, there was a lamb.As He has done for every human who wants to live with Him in peace,Jesus was and is our provision, our salvation, God's plan! Amen!
There is nothing that is going to happen to anyone of us that God has not either planned out Himself, or that He has not allowed in order for His glory to be revealed!
So, all that being said, know that there is never a good time to pannic!(Please remind me of this when you know I am pannicing!)All to Jesus, just surrender, ...never to Satan ... All to Jesus, do not give Satan more credit than he deserves!
We believe and serve an all knowing God!!!Let's just go and listen to what He has to say about all of this.... shall we?
Our Dear Heavenly Father,Father of all that is good and Creator of hell.You and You alone have all of the answers! You and You alone are worthy of our praise.You and You alone deserve our time, our efforts, our distresses, for after all it is You Who allow us to enter into each and every situation that we experience.I know that many are feeling the pressure of the world right now.Allow it as suits YOUR WILL for her life.I pray for her unabashed strength in YOU! That she approach every situation armed and guarded by YOUR Holy Spirit!Now Lord, enter that place of her soul that leads her to total surrender to YOUR WILL!Speak in words that she understands clearly. Direct her down YOUR path!Lead her on in victory over all that would come in between her and her message of salvation to a world of Eves'.We need to hear You, and our worth to You, we need words of encouragement and Truth of what You are expecting of us as Your daughters!Lord, we need Truth! Amen! Your Truth!Your Will be done in this and each situation that tries to divide her time, her God Given Talent, and Her greatest Treasures.... keep her focused Lord, I pray. I pray Your strength be revealed to her and those watching her as she goes through this time of her life.Lord, remind her of Your peace that passes understanding... "If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity,..." And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure..."Yes LORD, say to her..." My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."remind her of these words..."Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, that the POWER OF CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME."Lord, let Your power rest upon her and all of the stresses she is feeling.Send to her a good and valid friend to share her burdens with and may they together search for Your answerers to the problems before her.Remind her of YOUR PLANS... and let her entrust her plans, no surrender her plans unto YOU, The Great Maker of ALL PLANS.We Love You Lord, We Praise You,We Surrender to You,Amen
*
Ohhhh, how sweet that is!
*
YOUR FASHION TIP OF THE DAY:
Scarves are BIG! Wear a long scarf in wool, crepe, or any medium weight fabric around your neck and drape it down the center of your body to create a long line, and it will make you appear slimmer and fashionable all at the same time!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Shari,
Thanks so much for this prayer post. What an annointed prayer this is.
With your permission, I would like to copy it.

On a side note: Living in the Tampa Bay area (Clearwater), we do not experience the winter that other parts of the US have. So, can you offer fall/winter fashion advice for those who don't want to continue the summer look but also don't need the heavier clothing? Some of our fall/winter days are in the 70's and 80's.
~I am the one who posted on Clinton Kelly's visit to Macy's. He featured clothing that is too wintery for our climate.

Pinkshoelady said...

Hi Shari,
I have never commented on your post but I am a regular follower.

I had to comment on this prayer. I read it today Monday November
24th...one week after you posted it but God's words of encouragement were for me today.

Ohhh, how I needed those words today. Not last Monday, Not tomorrow, today!

We serve such a timely and awesome God.

Thank you for all you do for our Lord. You have helpled me in ways I'll never be able to repay. Even though we have never net face to face.

I can not pull off most fashion type tips, but I eat up every word every time I hear you.

God is using you. I know because He has used you to help change some of mu thinking about the way I present myself.

Thanks
Pamela