Oh gracious, it has been awhile since I've posted. My only excuse: I'm addicted to Facebook. What is up with that?
So, with a gentle reminder from one of my prayer partners today, I'm am posting again!
A little update first.
My husband is sick in bed with a chest cold and fever, my son broke 2 bones in his foot that put him out for the rest of the basketball season, my laundry needs done, my hair could use a good cut, my toes need polished, my fingernails are chipped (bad), my legs need shaved and my mailbox was run over by a drunk driver so my husband duct taped it to a tree!
You might be a redneck if...
And you thought I lived a glamourous life!
I did just return from the Girls Get-Away Cruise...now that was a good time! I met so many wonderful new people and had fun with my hubby, Patti and her hubby.
We rented scooters in Progreso, Mexico and wandered all over the city to places unseen by most. We were supposed to go to Cozumel but the ship had some mechanical problems and got a late start, so we went to Progreso instead. I spoke on 2 seperate ocassions and am thrilled beyond words that I didn't have to speak on Saturday night like the Spa Girls did...oh my dear, oh my dear, oh my dear.
One of them got sea sick in the middle of their talk and ran off stage, behind the curtain to "you know what" and forgot to turn off her microphone....gag. Oh yes, indeed.
My husband thinks maybe the stabilizers were broken on the ship! Praise God it was the last trip for that ship and next year's cruise is on a bigger and newer ship! Yippee! I will tell you, if you want to have some amazing girlfriend time...pleassseeee come next year!
It's going to be Feb. 25-March 1st,2010 and I've been invited to come back! Renee Swope from Proverbs 31 is invited to speak, too! So get your girls and come along!
I hope you're having a good start to 2009.
To kick off this "starting to post again" thing, here is a top ten fashion list for you:
1. Always push your sleeves up to look 10 pounds slimmer.
2. KNOW the 3 best colors for you...and fill your wardrobe with them.
3. Remember that black will never be on that list.
4. Never let me see your boobs coming out of your clothes.
5. Remember that your underwear is not something you wear on the outside of your clothes for all the world to see.
6. Cut the tags out of your clothes so you forget what size they are. (I shared this with
Lysa Terkeurst this week so she's quite a happy girl now!)
7. Too tight jeans make you look bigger than you are. Oh, that goes for too tight clothes of any kind.
8. If you haven't had a compliment on your hair in the last 2 weeks, make an appointment...for something new.
9. Make sure your foundation is the same color as your skin...seriously.
10. Remember you are most beautiful when you are closest to the way God created you to be! (I'll expand on that in my next post!)
Be fashionable, be snappy, be you!
Love you much,