Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 3 Holiday Challenge



Day 3 Holiday Challenge:

Closet Organized? Check!  Now it’s time to determine your body shape…and where it is you gain your weight and have challenges.

The goal in dressing is to look like you have a balanced body, even if you don’t…which most of us don’t! 

There are 4 body types: B O D X  Here’s a rundown:

B: Gain weight in belly, have a muffin top, no waist, flat rear and nice legs.

O: Rounder figures, have a very full bust and usually gain in belly too. Usually  haveflat rear and skinny legs.

D: Gain weight in hips and thighs or butt. Smaller waist. Challenge is below the waist line.

X: Balanced. You are at your ideal weight.

When you get dressed, I want others to always see your FACE first, and THEN your body. When you dress to hide your challenge areas, then you will begin to accomplish this.

 Step 1:  Determine what type you are.

Step 2: Look at your undergarments and Shapewear and determine if you have the correct items to wear under your clothes to make your challenge areas look less challenging. Try them on under your clothes and make sure they do what they’re supposed to do. 

Step 3: If you don’t have the correct shapewear, then go shopping online or dept. store and search the lingerie dept. Ask for help if you need it.

Step 4: Please help each other below in the comments. If you have a great shaper you wear for your particular body type, please share with the others.
 The above Shaper is my favorite...I got mine at Cato's and it is like tall underwear with a bit of padding. It hides my muffin top and makes my tummy look smaller...it's about 10 bucks. I LOVE it...I have a few pair of these.

Let’s make this easy. 

And remember, you don’t have to spend a lot of money when buying a Shaper, there are all kinds of good ones out there at decent prices. But I do believe that EVERY body needs a shaper of some kind. Okay, maybe not EVERY body, but MOST!

Can’t wait to hear what your favorite Shapers is…and what your body type is.


Happy Saturday!

Love, Shari

5 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I want that shaper! What a good idea. My "muffin" needs punched in. Of course the holidays, well not helping. I think the "shaper" that is helpful for me is NOT to wear the tight clothes, especially pants. Plus it is always great to be able to breathe. I will be looking forward to seeing what others post as well. Thank you for the idea of getting a Shaper.

Anonymous said...

I am a D body type. I have the worst time trying to find pants & skirts that fit. I need a shaper that won't roll down on the waist or up on the legs. Thanks Ladies. :)

Anonymous said...

This is really embarassing...but when I wear a shaper like the picture you posted...it rolls down and becomes a "bikini" bottom. I have invested in a "one piece" shaper but it makes me so hot. Do you think there is anything else out there for me or should I just learn to sweat a little? LOL :)

Michelle Angelique said...

I have to be honest and say that I have the same problem as Anonymous. I am a D body type and had invested in some shapers that were pretty costly for my budget and can't wear them because they roll down from the waist and up the legs. That was not attractive or comfortable. I thought about the all body suit shaper, but I have hot flashes and cant handle the extra body heat. Any ideas Shari? I was careful to try my shapers on and get the size that was right for my body. I bought mine at Target. :(

Kris L. said...

This was a great reminder that I needed a shaping slip to wear under a formal gown. Found one I love at Target for $17 from Vassarette! It's basically a long lycra tube that is designed to wear over the bust with convertible straps. It squished my bust so I removed the straps and placed it right below my bra. I wore it like that for a couple of hours today, and it stayed in place beautifully.