Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Let your voice be heard.

I want to take a moment to pray for our country, for the women in our communities and for people around the world who need encouragement.

This week at church I heard from 1 John 3:11-18.  When our minister focused on versus 14-15 he told us that the world is not fair.  The world is not Safe.  The world is not good and if we cannot learn to Love in spite of unfairness then we can't be part of God's Love because Love is not an abstract emotion, Love is Jesus.

Jesus taught us to pay it forward and I want to tell you how grateful I am to those women who came before us (click here).

The women of the suffrage movement, for the almost 150 years, felt it was a righteous fight.  They gave us the ability to not only vote but they were the spark that gave us the opportunity to start to be seen as equals in today's society.  I don't think that in all instances that women being equal to men is best, but I do appreciate having options to be more than a wife and mother, to be an engineer, a volunteer, a contributing member to the household finances and a voice in society. 

It takes perseverance, a rich faith and strong beliefs to stand for what we believe in. 

It also takes courage to feel like one voice in a sea of disagreement. 

I hope that you take the opportunity to make a choice for the future of our country today.


I am also thankful to have you beautiful readers here with us.  You are bold, energetic, fast learners and grateful recipients of the great knowledge Shari gives us.

I would like to give you an opportunity to have a voice here this week.  In response to our Neutrals post last week we created a voting opportunity for you to give your opinions on Neutrals and hear back from us in a future post.   http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZDTZNZC  I sincerely hope each one of you is well and I pray that your family has the strength it needs to weather the storms of life.  I also want to raise up a prayer of praise that the political commercials will be over tonight, Hallelujah!    With much appreciation, ~ LauraSupporting and Contributing Editor of FashionMeetsFaith.comLaura@FashionMeetsFaith.com

1 comment:

~Brenda said...

I voted this morning and I thought of the many women in history who fought for their right to vote and how they made it easy for us today. I too am happy the political commercials are finally over.

P.S. Took the survey