Let's chat about your skin today. Shari shared these tips with a group that hosted her late in the summer.
Shari's Makeup Tips:
* Cleanse and moisturize every night -> these products MUST be from the same line. We had discussion about why and what it comes down to is that each company has their own special formula and if you mix a cleanser and a moisturizer you are not getting the benefit of those two formulas... in fact you may be setting yourself up for an allergic reaction that can range from pesky acne to rashes on your beautiful face.
* Cleanse and moisturize EVERY NIGHT... this part really got me... I have trouble being consistent when it comes to the end of the day. I've had to learn to wash my face when I know that I won't be going out for the rest of the night so I can snooze on the couch and zombie-walk up to bed. Ladies... let me tell you... my skin is brighter, clearer and less acne prone. Most of my acne is near my jaw line so changing my pillowcase and washing my face in the morning has helped me too.
-- The one I picked was L'Oreal's Youth Code. I have all 5 products, cleanser, day time moisturizer, serum, eye thingy and night time moisturizer. I use the two moisturizers pretty much every day and the serum and eye cream most days. I will say that the first week my skin felt strange and it gets a little prickly every so often. I know that is part of getting used to a new line of products and I was coming from Noxzema or soap for my face. At the same time when using products for your face remember to trust yourself to know if you are having a more serious reaction to a product, it can happen!
* I like to think that you've created a barrier between you and whatever comes next because your moisturizer protects your skin.
Shari had a few more discussion points...
* Use an oil free eye makeup remover... your eyes are much more sensitive than your daily cleanser is meant for... so get a separate one. It does NOT need to be the same line as your cleanser and moisturizer.
* Eye Cream - I chose my eye cream to be a part of the same line of products but it does NOT need to be.
* Make Up - These can be from any line and are truly a preference of whether you prefer creamy foundation or powder foundation. We will chat more on this soon, but be sure to note that they can be from any line of products and you can feel free to mix and match.
Well ladies... those are the makeup tips for the day. How often do you wash the world from your skin and is it time to seek out a new cleanser/moisturizer set or are you doing pretty good with yours... what's it called?
Supporting and Contributing Editor