Thursday, February 7, 2013

Spring Fashions - Suits


New York Fashions showed Suits in a new way... Shorts with a Blazer... hmmm.... Well I'm sure these would be beautiful fashions in a hot New York summer, but for the rest of us we need some more practical office wear.... take a peek!




The fashions below are from Belk and Lane Bryant.

You can dress up your suit or dress it down with jeans.  

The traditional "suit" is being replaced in most work places and updated styles can also be worn to church or even for a night out.

Remember that Models and Mannequins are not dressed for their Dominant Color Characteristics so check your swatches for YOUR best colors.









Dress up with a pop of color or a funky design.  








Great Jackets can be worn with many types of outfits so feel free to experiment 
(and No... cute jackets do not go with PJ bottoms... I tried... trust me.)





 Keep it Casual and Classy.  These looks show how you can take a "suit" look and bring it down a notch for less formal occasions... like regular life









Alright ladies!  Truth and Dare Time!   

Truth:  Would you wear any of the New York Fashions and Which look most "suits" you? Formal suit?  Casual nice sweater?  Somewhere in between?

Dare:  Go into your closet and find a suit jacket, a sweater or a great top... find 3 bottoms to go with it.  A fancy pair of pants.  A pair of great jeans.  And maybe a skirt, a second pair of jeans... you pick.  

You can always be ahead of the fashions when you have go-to pieces in your collection.

Report back when you find your pieces!

You Sister In Christ,
Laura























5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would I wear the NY fashions? Not the shorts suits. I like the 'somewhere in between' idea, such as the nice jacket with a skirt or pants or jeans. I love the red print jacket with the black skirt. That's more my style. I am more of a classic dresser and shy away from trendy things that go out of style so quickly. If I really love a particular trend, I'll try to find something on sale, or I'll get something at Penney's where it is inexpensive and I don't mind donating it after a season or two. I mix and match everything in my closet, so yes, I have the jackets and sweaters and the pants and skirts in basic colors to mix and match. And I love blazers and jeans, and nice jewelry with jeans.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a
amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
However, how could we communicate?
Have a look at my site : http://www.expanti.com/hand4/blogs/user/DanielleSt

~Brenda said...

I wouldn't wear the NY fashions, too trendy for my country lifestyle. I do like the jackets with pants and skirts.

Checked my closet, found a top that goes with a pair of dress slacks, cords and dark jeans.

Daisha said...

I would so wear that green shorts suit if the shorts weren't so short and the flaps across the boobs were eliminated on the top.

I love the gray skirt suit. That's more my style for work or church. I could even see wearing the blazer with a pair of dark jeans or even white slacks with a colorful coordinating top.

Laura said...

Since I am an "O" body type who should wear an inside column, a traditional suit wouldn't work for me. A suit gives an outside column. I have found I like to wear a neutral dress with a sweater or jacket over that. So I think rather than buy a 2-piece suit, I am probably better off getting separate pieces.