Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cold Season

I've been sick lately with this horrible autumn cold....icky is how I feel. What is it about September that brings sickness with it? I've heard from several, no, more than several people that they have colds, too. Ahhh, I hope I get over this soon!

Well, my speaking season began last weekend at the relaxing Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, North Carolina. I spoke there with my friend Zoe Elmore and we ministered to a beautiful group of women from Greensboro, NC from Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church. Boy, were they are fun group! We laughed, cried, laughed, cried and laughed some more! The best part is their minister, Kristen, was there and she has no interest in clothes, fashion, etc. But she was such a good sport as I used her for a model for my "frame segment" and told her because of her small frame she was a "glamour girl". Well, the crowd hooted and howled because at that point I didn't know she was the pastor and it ended up that evening with the group putting her in wild makeup and dressing her up for a fun fashion show. I had gone by that time, but Kristen herself e-mailed me the photos on Monday! One of these days, I'm gonna learn how to post photos on here for you to see. It just goes to show you that girls just wanna have fun and even if we don't all like the same things or have the same interests, retreats are such a great time to bond together as sisters in Christ. Love ya much,Shari www.ShariBraendel.com

No comments: