Friday, September 26, 2008

Proverbs 31 "ONE"

I've been a part of the Proverbs 31 team for almost 3 years as a speaker and writer.
However, I'm not sure I always appreciate what an amazing ministry I'm part of.
This week, the ministry is having a campaign called "One".
*
Really, I have been awed by all the beautiful stories I've been reading on all the other speakers' blog sites. Stories about how women's lives have been saved, marriages restored, self worth renewed and so many other incredible life changing situations.
*
You see, daily, P31 sends out over 250,000 free devotionals to women (and some men) everywhere to help them in their daily walk. When all else fails, sometimes we just need to know we have a friend. And that friend is P31. It may be a devotional that speaks to you, or it may be the one minute daily radio broadcast on your local Christian station. It might be the magazine article you receive in the mail from the P31 Woman. Whatever it is, there is a lifeline in P31 that so many women depend on.
*
I want to encourage you to go to my sidebar and click on any of the other P31 speakers links to read their stories. I was most touched when our executive director e-mailed us yesterday morning to let us know about a woman who called the office to let them know she was about to take her life. She somehow read our devo for that day and decided there was hope.
*
Jesus.
*
So she didn't take her life. She, instead, called the P31 office, sobbing uncontrollably.
*
The office staff cried as they listened to her on the phone.
*
You see, we are real women, with real lives, just like you.
*
What an honor and a privilege to serve you, to serve Jesus.
*
I pray you will consider joining our team, by supporting us however you can.
*
One dollar. One donation. One prayer. One life changed.
*
*
Beautiful Blessings, Shari

No comments: