Sunday, October 5, 2008

Style Quiz

My daughter got married this weekend! How fun it was! She is one of my triplet step-daughters that I helped raise since the girls were 12 years old and it was so amazing to see one of them walk down the ailse! With her marriage also comes three grandchildren for me and my husband! Oh dear...am I old enough? LOL! Anyway, the girls are another gift to me from God and they are 8, 12 and 14 years old! Didn't I tell you once that the first thing God ever spoke to me was that I'd be ministering to teens? He keeps bringing them to me!
They even picked out a name for me and it is "Mimsy" !!! My daughter told me she saw a show once that had a Mimsy in it and it was the name of the crazy rabbit! If the shoe fits....LOL!
*
On another note, I thought I'd tell you about a really neat Style Quiz I found on Zafu.com. That's the site I've told you about where you can find great jeans for your body type based on about a dozen questions and then they do a search for you. The style quiz is really fun and I can't wait to hear what you think about it! If you take it, comment below about what your style is and let me know if you think it is accurate for you. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Here's the link.
*
Have a great week and be beautifully blessed,
Shari a.k.a. Mimsy!

9 comments:

Judah said...

congrads!! and thanks for teh quiz that was fun

Starr LaPradd said...

How cool! Glad the wedding was beautiful. You have to be the hippest grandmother I've ever seen!!
Many Blessings,
Starr

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari - Glad to hear all went well this weekend. I took the quiz: I am mostly Feminine Mystique and partly style sophisticated (?) - I'm not sure of the second one, my mind is not working well this morning... more coffee please! The examples given looked very Jackie Kennedy-ish. OOOhhh, how I'm dating myself. I will see/talk to you soon! Love, Dawn T.

Alyce said...

Hey there!
Glad the wedding was great Mimsy!
That was an interesting link! I think it was pretty on target. The older I get the more I want comfort!

familyof8 said...

Hi Shari,

I think yo need to hop on over to Lysa's blog...she is having a shoe emergency!!! We need your help. Where to find a balance between comfort and style in the shoe department. Can't wait for you to respond to the 911!
Blessings,
Christine
the triplet mom from the cruise

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Shari girly! I read your comment on Lysa's blog about the shoes thing......but you gotta help this momma out. What are "we" the mommas supposed to wear on a daily basis during the winter?? I too have fallen into flip-flop fever and wear them all the time and now that it's getting colder, I just am clueless! And I read what you said about not going cheap, but.....AHH....=) Can you help this girly out???

Amy Carroll said...

Shari,
Mimsy is such a perfect name for you! It's equal parts classy and sassy. Those girls don't know how lucky they are to have gotten your daughter and you in a package deal. I know they'll figure it out fast, though!!

Amy

Renee Swope said...

Congratulations Mimsy!! The perfect fit!

My styles summary said:

You're mostly Simply Natural ... and partly Purely Original

I liked the items they showed for me so I think it was pretty accurate, but mostly fun!

We need to do lunch soon with Lysa..and maybe we can go shoe shopping!!!

Renee

Anonymous said...

Hey Shari,
You will be a great Mimsy! The name fits you perfectly.
The quiz said I am:
Mostly Style Purest
Partly Simply Natural
I liked the picture that it showed, and that did look like me, but when it described what a style purest is, didn't sound much like conservative me! Miss you!
Margaret