If you popped over here today because of the Proverbs 31 devotional, hello!
This is a weekly blog that posts on Wednesdays so make sure you check in each week to visit with us for all your fashion and beauty needs from a Christian perspective.
So glad to hear from some of you regarding last week's post about facial hair! Wow, as someone said, it's such a hairy subject! LOL! It's fun to tackle some of those touchy topics and talk about them.
As for this week, I want to continue the conversation I started on today's devotional
"Defined by God".
So what would life look like if we accepted God's workmanship?
Seriously. What would YOUR life look like?
- Would you stop putting yourself down everytime you looked in the mirror?
- How about when someone compliments you? How would you answer differently? Would you be able to accept their compliment?
- What about when you have a bad hair day...could you just go on about your day and not worry about it, frizzy, flat or otherwise?
- How about when you slip into a pair of jeans you thought fit you, but didn't anymore. Could you just hang them back up and put on another pair (a size bigger) and not berate yourself for having gained a few pounds?
- What about when you see someone in the coffee shop or at your child's school who is impeccably dressed...Could you not compare yourself to her and instead compliment HER and mean it?
- How about when you pass a window and you see your reflection...would you say, "Wow, I'm cute! Thank you, God!"
- What about this one: You're in a store and try on a size 8...it doesn't fit. You DON'T refuse to try on the 10's...you happily do so!
- How about when you see someone who has a body you'd like to have...instead of thinking envious thoughts, you'd not even go there. At all.
We're all about beauty here at this blog, so let's do this today. PRAY and ask God to reveal to you what it is that He wants you to stop or start doing in regards to how you see yourself. In the comments below, report in on what He says...if you dare. Because if we all just saw ourselves as fabulous, can you imagine how amazing our world would be? We might even have more friends...and our daughters' self esteems would skyrocket...because I hate to tell you this, but when your daughter hears you put yourself down, she will end up doing the same. Because this is how it goes: Mom puts herself down. Someone tells daughter she looks just like mom. Daughter thinks she must not be so pretty because Mom doesn't see herself as pretty so if she looks just like Mom, then she guesses she's not pretty either.
So what is it for you? What are you going to stop...or start...as it pertains to your physical beauty and how you see yourself? How will you begin today to see yourself as
defined by God?
One winner will received a signed copy of my new book.
Love you girls!
(Hopefully will have pics next week of the purse winners!!!!!)