Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What to Wear Wednesday: Your Thanksgiving Wardrobe

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you beautiful women! No matter what your age, shape, weight, height, challenges, fluffiness, skinny-ness, no matter what, remember how beautiful you are!

Since it's the weekend of Thanksgiving I am spending time with my family and celebrating the season. Two of my triplet girls (steppies!) will be arriving today to spend the weekend with us and the other triplet will be arriving tomorrow with her husband and kids (her steppies!) to eat dinner with us. My husband will be cooking another FABULOUS meal and we all can't wait for that! My fifteen year old son, Luke, and I will be running to my sister's house (she lives in the same neighborhood as us) to sneak in lunch while my husband holds down the kitchen at home....I can't WAIT to smell all the good food cooking around here.

Yum yum!

So to keep it short today I want to remind you of
Colossians 3:12-14 (The Message) I hope it is a good reminder for each of us as we'll be dealing with all kinds of family members and personalities this weekend. Remember to wear what's important, your Thanksgiving wardrobe:

So, chosen by God for this new life of love,
dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you:
compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline.
Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

I love each of you and will be back next week with some answers to more questions, and an introduction to a neat new clothing line I found that is eco-friendly...and comfortable!

Love you girls, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Shari




4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your blog. enjoyed reading this post. even jotted down some stuffs.

Angieabk said...

A friend just shared your blog with me. What a wonderful message!

~Brenda said...

I like the Bible verse; so important to remember when families get together!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And I have to ask what I should wear with a Cashmere scarf ( I won the drawing over on She Reads). I have no idea! I think it is blue (haven't gotten it yet). any ideas?