Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What to Wear Wednesday: Creative Original!

I was recently asked about the fashion personalities and how to determine which one you are. In my book I talk about the 4 different types and how to dress for each so I thought it might be fun to feature a different fashion/clothing personality every once in a while so you can see if you fall into that particular category.

The four categories I speak of are:
  • Creative Original
  • Pure Natural
  • Classic Modern
  • Style Fashionista
Today we're going to discuss the first one,

Creative Original

You are going to get LOTS of pics today. Sometimes the very best description is VISUAL.
A woman who is a CREATIVE ORIGINAL has her own kind of style. She's not afraid to wear the new...or the old. Vintage is her thing. Antique jewelry makes her happy.

Pearls invade her jewel box. She's the woman who loves making up new combinations of clothing...with things she already owns.

Take a look at some pictures:









Are you getting a feel for the fashion personality?

It may be that you wear an old time prairie dress, yet add a pair of yellow boots.
Or don a funky flower bracelet on your wrist.

Or warm up with a bold, yet soft, hat and scarf.

Take a look at a few more:








You see, it may mean just adding an embroidered design to a pair of jeans you already own.

Or wearing the most outlandish pair of cowboy boot shoes you've ever seen...with pointy toes.

Or adding a vintage comb to your hair. Bring life to your garments by adding creative pieces of jewelry.

You are a showstopper.

Perhaps you like simple pipe leg jeans. Wear them with a plaid classic blouse but spice it up with brightly colored shoes...pumps or high tops.

Whatever it is, YOU've got style...

YOU are a

Creative Original.

Now go have some fun with your outfit today.

I dare you.

Love you,
Shari
Speaker and Modesty Expert

12 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

So helpful! Thank you!!! I now know for sure, I can mark this one off my list because I am definitely not that daring or creative! You really do have a great ministry.

Stephanie L said...

hehehe...I thought I might be a CO, but nope. :) Thanks for the help! I am so looking forward to seeing the rest of the personalities, now!

Anonymous said...

I always am drawn to CO types of clothing and accessories, but chicken out at the last minute! I love this look. I think I am more of a combo of Creative original and pure natural. Can't wait to see your examples of the other style types!

Jason and Brenda said...

This is a great idea--to showcase each style in detail. Thanks! I'm looking forward to the others being listed! Fun stuff!
Brenda B

Karen said...

Thanks for the description and pictures of the Creative Original. I'm looking forward to learning more about the other fashion personality types.

Your blog is SO helpful!
Blessings to you,
Karen

Amelia said...

oh, I like that you are showing pictures! I'm not sure which one I am. I like my vintage jewelry and adding unique details, but I wouldn't say I'm a show stopper. Hmmm..can't wait to see pics of the other styles!

RuthintheDesert said...

I love this! I think this is where I fit, though I'm kind of a rebel who tries NOT to fit into any of the descriptions. :)

~Brenda said...

I too love the visual of the CO; this is very helpful to those who are wondering what describes them best. I am also looking forward to seeing the other personalities!

Jan said...

Oh boy, oh boy!! Love the pictoral help. Don't think I fit this catagory, even tho sometimes I love to do something funky! I have been having so much fun with accessorizing. I am a knitter, so have been filling my drawer with scarves of different design and color. Working on a grey with shimmer in it. I am having fun with color I never dreamed of before. Thanks and Blessings - Jan

Libby said...

Great post!

Mariah said...

I'm a little bit of this style, :D It's a fun one, and totally unique. It also seems to be monopolizing the trends in the younger clothing departments, such as, Forever 21.

Michelle Angelique said...

Shari, you crack me up! I love the mannequin posed outdoors! :) I know what I am definitely not but that is OK! :) I am always happy to see different ideas and styles. Thanks for sharing! :)