Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beauty You Can't Loose



Welcome back, my friends! As I promised, today you are going to be hearing from my friend and new author Lynn Cowell. Lynn is a writer and speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries, in fact, we have even gotten to speak together!She has been mentoring girls for over nine years giving her a lot of experience when it comes to young women. This includes insight into how they think and what they need. I am so excited as Lynn shares some thoughts from her new book for young women "His Revolutionary Love".


Welcome Lynn!


Lynn, women are so aware of their appearance, but I see this even more so in teen girls. How about you?


Shari, I am painfully reminded every morning of just how self-aware teens are. I believe it has a lot to do with how much we long for love. My 14 year old daughter stops in the kitchen each morning, looks at me and asks “Do I look ok?” She is looking for approval, affirmation, and acceptance and she looks to me for it.




I think we all look for approval, affirmation and acceptance, even after those tough teen years go by.


I mean, isn’t that at least part of the reason as women we dye our hair, work out at the gym and try to hold back on our Oreo intake?


We all have a desire to be wanted; it’s insatiable.


I believe its God given.


God created each one of us with this love gap; a gap that cannot be filled by any guys – be it a dad, boyfriend or even a husband. They simply do not have what it takes. It can’t be filled by the perfect job, amazing children or a house on the lake. This gap can only be filled by One.


Jesus. Oh the confidence and security that is unleashed when this truth is found!


* The truth that when He looks at us, He is not disappointed in us. He approves of us. He approves of you…and it has nothing to do with you! He simply finds complete joy in US!




* The truth that when He looks at us He sees no flaw. Read this out loud (yes…out loud!)


“All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.” Song of Solomon 4:7


This truth transforms our lives. This truth sets us free whether we are 14 or 74!


Now, just imagine if you had discovered this truth, that Jesus was crazy about you and could meet every love need you had, when you were 13, 16 or 19? How would your life have been different? What things would you have decided to do? What things would you have been empowered not to do?


You can be the one to bring this truth to a young woman. By passing on His unconditional, life-altaring love, you can be part of changing the next generation!


In “His Revolutionary Love,” I help teen girls and their moms:

 
• Create confidence that leads to a higher self-esteem by discovering Christ’s radical, life-altering love.


• Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.




• Make wise choices that lead to a fruitful future, rather than becoming a victim to emotionally-based decisions.




• Shift faith in Jesus from just a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.


• Learn how to discern the voice and will of God.


• Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.


• Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a manner that’s healthy and positive.




Today through May 6th, we're celebrating the release of "His Revolutionary Love"! For every copy sold on Amazon today, a copy will be given to another girl. Those books will go to Safe Journey. Safe Journey is a community group which helps teen moms who are pregnant finish high school and go on to college. Tomorrow I am going to speak to their annual Rise Summit. I hope to take a copy of "His Revolutionary Love" to each of the 75 girls who will be present. Will you help?


While investing in our own daughters, nieces and grandaughters we can be a part of changing the lives of other girls who might not otherwise get to obtain a copy!


I hope you will join me on my website at http://www.lynncowell.com/ where I empower women and their daughters to finding confidence to make wise choices! I am also offering a free leadership guide! This guide will help you to connect to the young women in your life with thought provoking questions and practical how-to tools! Just e-mail me at Lynn@Proverbs31.org.

If you have a teen in your life, have her stop by my site for teens at http://www.radrevolution.org/ where we are giving away a free copy of "His Revolutionary Love" today!











Lynn Cowell is the wife of her high school cruch, Greg and mother to three teens. Her passion is speaking and writing truth to change the lives of the next genertion and their moms. Her favorites things include sushi, well worn sweatshirts and anything that combines with peanut butter and chocolate! You can connect with her on FaceBook at Lynn Martin Cowell and on Twitter at Lynn Cowell.

1 comment:

Tay said...

I love Lynn Cowell. I love her blog on The Radical Revolution! Thanks for sharing today Lynn!

And, you Shari, for inspiring me to actually care about what I wear and making me a more stylish girl!