Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 13 Holiday Challenge



Day 13 Holiday Challenge

If you’re a woman, (and if you read my stuff you probably are) then you really need to read to think about today’s challenge and follow thru on it. Please.

It has to do with facial hair. A few days ago I discussed your eyebrows with you and that is the first step but gals, no matter how old you are, you should NOT have facial hair. 

At all. None. Period. End of story.

But yet I will go on. Some of us get those prickly little wiry hairs on our chins. Some grow a soft mustache. Some have soft hairs on the sides of their face. Some have more hair than others all over their face. But NONE of it should be there. It’s time to get it gone, and in a hurry.

Check your face right now…and look under your chin and on your neck too. It all needs to go. 


There are many ways to remove unwanted hair (or hairs) so choose the method that makes the most sense to you but here are some ideas:

Waxing: At home or by a professional. You can pick up a waxing system for a pretty low price (usally under 10 bucks) in most drug or discount stores or go to your local mani/pedi place and they will usually wax your unwanted hairs away for you for around $30.

Depilatory Creams: These are creams that you put on and leave for a few minutes, then wipe off and the hair comes with it. I’ve never been too successful with this method but I know women who have.

Eyebrow Trimmer: This is a tool (picture shown on my Pinterest Board) that comes in sets of 3 and costs under 5 dollars. This is a tricky little, fancy schmancy, FABULOUS tool that has a soft razor attached to swipe away unwanted little nasty hairs. Though it is called an eyebrow trimmer, I use it REGULARLY on my chin. It is priceless to me and I carry one at all times…I’ve been known to offer it to a needy woman who might be sitting near me who didn’t know she had a stray hair flying on her face! Pick this up in the tweezer aisle at drug or discount stores.

 Of course there are other ways to get rid of hairs too, more expensive ways, but girls, please get rid of your extra facial hair. 

It.Is.Not.Pretty.Period.

What do you use? Help us out here….it’s a topic you won’t find being discussed at your holiday party, so let’s do it here!  

 Love ya bunches.
Shari

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ok. I struggle with this. I do have the "mustache, and the wirey hairs on the chin, no problem with that. but the soft hairs on teh side too? Mine are barely noticible. but where does it stop? My understanding is that the only place on our bodies we have no hair is the palms of our hands and feet. I've got soft blond hair on the forehead too, but it's like 1/16th of an inch. get rid of it? This is an honest question, how far do you go to remove hair on the face???

the other question I have, is I do look at other woman's mustache area, and many have those vertical lines - I DON'T WANT THOSE. What are they doing so I don't do it?

Second question, is if I start waxing the soft hairs on the side, (I've NEVER waxed before) does it come in darker or coarser? I definately do NOT want to make it worse if things become unmanageable (like when I'm old or don't have the money to maintain) Please help! I'll eagerly wait for a response!

Laura said...

Oh. the other question I had was, any thoughts on the "no no" device?

Shari Braendel said...

Hi Laura, sorry for the delay in my answers...been out and about, but back now! First of all, NO, you don't have to wax the soft furry blonde hair on your face....unless it looks really bad, you know? If you want to send me a picture I'd be happy to advise you on that.
As for the lines above the lips/mustache area, that can be from smoking or the sun, or age....so, don't smoke, don't go in the sun, and you'll age gracefully!
I don't think I know what the no-no device is so I can't help you much there.
love ya! Shari

Laura said...

whew! Thank you for the response!

https://shop.silkn.com/p-524-silkn-flashgo-all-over-hair-removal-handheld-device.aspx

https://www.trynono.com/

The above two links are similar products that use either heat/laser to remove facial hair. I've been looking at these for a while. Maybe I'll just start with lotion.

I'm glad to know that I will age gracefully. =)

As a side note, with my research/surking, I came across information about PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and a common side efect: hirsutism. For people with serious hair problems and/or baldness, PCOS maybe a cause, and from what I read, get rid of PCOS, and your hair will "normalize" hopefully that will help someone.

Anonymous said...

surfing, not surking. =)